"Back in the Game"Season 2 • Episode 2
Governor’s Task Force on Climate Change Report
The report’s recommendations are
intended to lay the foundation for Wisconsin to better adapt to and mitigate the effects of climate change, while also seeking economic opportunities in renewable energy and conservation.
Referenced in this Episode:
Renewable River Falls
On Jan. 1, 2020, the city of River Falls became the first municipality in the state to power city buildings using 100% renewable energy. The activity is part of a new city campaign called Renewable River Falls, the goals of which are to:
- Raise awareness about Renewable River Falls in the community and beyond;
- Celebrate the community’s past accomplishments in conservation and energy efficiency as we prepare for our transition to renewable energy;
- Recognize the City’s statewide and national leadership role in green energy participation; and
- Engage the public in Renewable RF activities; and
- Encourage and support residents and businesses in going 100% renewable.
“The people are ready for
change. The people are demanding change. Farmers are choosing more sustainable agricultural practices. Utility companies are investing in renewable energy. And our
local communities are reforming their policies to promote greener, cleaner economies.”
-Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes
Address: 7558 Deer Rd. Custer, WI 54423
The Midwest Renewable Energy Association (MREA) is a nonprofit organization with the mission to promote renewable energy, energy efficiency, and sustainable living through education and demonstration.