The State of Wisconsin Governor’s Task Force on Climate Change is working to develop a plan and identify items to be implemented to meet the state’s goal of 100% carbon-free energy by 2050 and they are currently seeking public input. Learn more about the task force.
Our partner, RENEW Wisconsin, has identified three key issues that they feel would have the greatest impact and best chances for success. If you want to see the Evers administration prioritize equitable access to and increase the affordability of renewable energy, energy efficiency, and electric vehicles, take a moment to sign RENEW’s petition:
- Third Party Financing: Wisconsin should affirm the legality of third party financed distributed energy resources in order to provide equitable access to renewable energy benefits.
- Electric Vehicle Infrastructure: Wisconsin should develop a comprehensive plan for transportation electrification.
- Expand Focus on Energy: Wisconsin should facilitate the installation of more renewable energy and energy efficiency measures by expanding the Focus on Energy program.
Additionally, the Rise Up! Midwest coalition has put together a list of the types of policies and programs that we feel are key components to building a clean energy economy. The following list links to existing Wisconsin programs we support. Please also see our full list of Midwest policies that work, are scaleable, and/or are replicable.
- Expand Access to Energy Efficiency and Distributed Energy, specifically for households and small businesses, and advocating for the expansion of WI’s Focus on Energy Program.
- Reduce Barriers for Local Energy Efficiency and Solar Energy Development by increasing advantageous financing, facilitating SolSmart jurisdiction designations, and promoting public-private financing partnerships such as the PACE Wisconsin program.
- Expand Workforce Development Efforts that support and grow employment access in advanced energy
- Provide Appropriate, Long-Term Compensation for Solar and Wind Energy, including utility programs as well as state commission actions
Use the above policy resources and language to get involved directly through the Task Force to help shape Wisconsin’s climate future.
RENEW has compiled additional information and a list of ways to make your voice heard through the Governor’s Task Force on Climate Change:
Neither I, nor this Task Force, can do this work alone. It will take all of us working together to create the momentum needed to achieve our climate goals and restore our natural environment. – Lieutenant Governor Mandela Barnes
Partner with Rise Up
We believe in the people of the Midwest. We believe the clean energy industry has the capacity to collaborate, create jobs, & contribute to an economic recovery. If you agree, join the coalition as a partner today.
Support Rise Up Midwest!
Our success is made possible by support, participation, and funding of our members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you!
Address: 7558 Deer Rd. Custer, WI 54423
The Midwest Renewable Energy Association (MREA) is a non-profit organization with the mission to promote renewable energy, energy efficiency, and sustainable living through education and demonstration.